Parental Controls Routers, Kids nowadays would likely feel lost when they’re disconnected from the internet. While these are good things, there are a number of things online that your children shouldn’t access and folks they should not fulfill.
As you cannot manage your kids 24/7, the progress of technology has produced parental control hardware and software that can filter out unwanted content, limit internet access time and monitor online interaction. While this can’t substitute open communication between parents and kids, these advancements help parents greatly in educating children the confines of the world wide web.
This roundup includes our Best Router For Parental Controls to get 2017.
1. Buffalo AirStation Extreme Smart Wifi Router
This parental control router is one of the fastest ones on the marketplace. For a radius of 15 feet, users can get a rate of 407 Mbps; the rate falls to 223 Mbps within a 100 ft radius. It’s equipped with a DD-WRT that will enhance the features of this router so that you don’t need to install any firmware for this objective. Among the best thing about the DD-WRT is that it also allows incoming ads so you can make certain your kids will not stumble onto risque advertisement banners on the web.
The Buffalo AirStation Extreme Smart Wifi Router is also a great choice for more advanced users who knows how to maximise the device’s usage and would prefer higher levels of customisation. It’s a comprehensive VPN server and client characteristics that permit you to operate at different locations with a virtual community network. In addition, you can add on several other networks i.e. virtual access points which can allow you to manage reliability and performance of connected devices.
Specs and Features:
- Simultaneous Dual Band
- VPN Access
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 802.11ac and 802.11n6GHz speeds up to 866 Mbps
- Priority Control QoS
- High-power Technology
- Web Filtering and Parental Control
- Awful mobile management interface.
- The mounting arrangement is flimsy.
- Disappointing selection.
- The DD-WRT enhances the performance and features of the router.
- Great desktop management interface.
- Able to serve as a router, access point and/or bridge.
Cost: $189.99 RRP
2. Tenda AC9 Wireless AC1200 Router
The router parental control features can be reached and operated via the Tenda program. After that you can put website content and addresses types under a blacklist or whitelist; you can also set a schedule to limit or limit network access time depending on the MAC address of devices on your network. The Tenda AC9 Wireless AC1200 Router performs magnificently and is well worth the expense (it is really really affordable) you put to it.
Setting up the machine was a slice of cake–it only took a couple of minutes to set it up from box to finish setup using the Tenda app. The internet speed and connectivity is consistent with this parental control router while the reporting of the Wifi is extremely good (even in areas that usually have difficulties with link).
Specs and Features
- Two High-gain Antennas with beamforming
- Dual Band Wireless
- Excellent coverage
- 4Gb LAN, 1Gb WAN
- Power saving features e.g. LED control
- USB 2.0 Port
- Scheduled WiFi time
- Broadcom ARM Cortex-A7 900 Mhz CPU and 128MB DDR memory
- 1200 Mbps 802.11AC Wireless
- Parental Control features
- Tenda App for smart management
- VPN Client and Server
- Dual-band features for quicker rate
- Amazing Wifi range
- Needs a mobile Apparatus and Program for Installation (not everyone has a mobile Apparatus)
Cost: $45.20 RRP
3. Netgear AC1750 Smart Wifi Router
The Netgear AC1750 Smart Wifi Router is great at delivering internet rate of up to 1750 Mbps with the assistance of its high-quality antennas. It also provides great reach (around 40ft) and can support up to 12 devices concurrently. The Wifi signal is reinforced with its Beamforming technology–that concentrates the signal to the associated device.
The device Functions with the Netgear Genie app. This makes the setup and setup much simpler. Afterward, it gives any parent the capacity to handle their home network; that includes filtering content and applies time constraints in any device (PC, Mac, Android and iOS).
Specs and Features
- AC1750 Wi-Fi – 450+1300 Mbps speeds and high-power external antennas
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
- One USB 3.0 Port and one USB 2.0 Port
- Parental Controls filter content and websites on all connected devices
- 4Gb Ethernet ports
- Beamforming focuses the Wifi signals from the wireless router to Wi-Fi devices
- NETGEAR genie App assists users to create a connected home
- ReadyCLOUD USB Access allows you to enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage
- Remote access
- Parental controls performance is average.
- Easy to install and Install Genie UI compatibility.
- Provides open VPN support.
- Service VLAN and WLAN networks.
Price: $149.99 RRP
4. Linksys EA6900 AC1900 Wifi Router
The Linksys EA6900 AC1900 Wifi Router is a hub with parental control that provides good speed (400 Mbps) and reporting (30 feet). Though it is supposed to be used with many devices and it has good load balancing, the connection will be unstable if it’s overloaded. The router parental controls are good and off the charts, since it is constantly updated. All these parental controls (including content filtering, time limits and communicating monitoring) and the router settings could be managed locally or remotely through the Linksys Smart Wifi cloud support. Any alterations made takes effect in real time (no delays have been reported).
Specs and Features
- The Simultaneous Dual Band allows speed to go up to N600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + AC1300 Mbps (5.0 GHz) speeds
- One USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port to print, share and store content.
- DLNA certified for home media management
- Three adjustable external antennas provide maximum range.
- Includes Linksys Smart Wi-Fi for easy CD free set-up, remote network management, parental control and app-
- enabled networking.
- 4Gb ports to connect wired devices.
- Beamforming technology enables a great and stable connection.
- Dual Core 800Mhz CPU for fast processing.
- Tends to heat up after prolong use
- The connection can be unstable at times
- Extremely fast with excellent variety
- Comes with cloud storage
- Parental controls work above average
Cost: $249 RRP
5. D-Link Gaming Router AC1300
The D-Link Gaming Railroad AC1300 efficiently distributed the bandwidth for real-time and gaming online software–it is truly a router with parental controls which is necessary by gamer parents. Despite the effectiveness of StreamBoost, the general speed provided lags behind other routers in the same category. The range of the router can also be very limiting which means if you live in a multi-storey house, you would probably not get the Wifi signal as you get farther out of the router.
Furthermore, if you’re a long-time user of D-Link, you would probably notice the brand new, sleeker router management interface. Although the upgrade is greeted, the new user interface is a little confusing and un-intuitive; basically this means that while its parental controls are effective, customising online access schedule and blacklisting and whitelisting content can be tough. The router is good but it really needs more improvements especially for the cost users are paying for this.
Specs and Features
- StreamBoost feature that manages your Internet connection
- A Setup Wizard that enables quick and easy configuration
- Dual-band speeds of up to 450Mbps (2.4GHz) and 867Mbps (5.0GHz)
- VPN passthrough that allows devices on your network to establish outbound VPNs easily
- Four Gigabit ethernet ports for lightning LAN throughput
- Backwards compatible with 802.11n wireless
- The user interface requires improvements
- The StreamBoost feature works really well in prioritising bandwidth
- Adequate throughput
Cost: $175 RRP